Screen Acting Intensive Workshop week + filming of show reel scenes
- Are you not getting seen and don’t know how to approach agents and casting directors to get your foot in the door?
- Are you getting auditions but not converting them to jobs?
- Are you getting the jobs, but feeling insecure about your skills when on set?
- Is most/all of your experience in theatre and you feel unprepared for screen acting work?
- Do you want to be proactive sending out your showreel, but don’t have any material you’re happy with?
- Have you had a break from the Industry and want to brush up your skills and confidence?
If any of this applies to you, then we are launching an Industry Intensive that could solve all your problems!
Day 1: Principles of Screen Acting [Tutor: Matthew Evans]
- Working with experienced TV director Matthew Evans on screen acting technique; getting comfortable on camera; dealing with all the technical stuff – hitting marks, continuity, adjusting your performance for different size shots; and making more interesting choices to lift your performance to the next level.
Cost of day: £60
Day 2: Casting workshops [Tutors: Dan Hubbard and Jane Deitch]
- Working with 2 different Casting Directors (Dan Hubbard & Jane Deitch) on how to approach them to get seen and how to handle the casting once you’re in the room. You’ll get 1:1 help on your CV, headshots and show reel if you have one, as well as work on scenes in a mock casting situation on camera to address any nervous habits and refine what it is that makes a good audition.
Cost of day: £60
Days 3, 4 & 5 (PM): Rehearsing, filming & evaluating showreel scenes [Director: Laurence Moody. Cameraman and Editor: Christopher Andrews]
- Rehearsing and filming a scene on location with Laurence and Chris, which we’ll edit for you to put on your reel, or you can upload it directly on to your spotlight page
Cost of 2½ days (including copy of showreel material): £300
Day 5 (AM): The Business side of acting [Tutor: Lyn Burgess @ the Magic Key Partnership]
- Learning about how to build your career: agents and managers, headshots, showreels, networking, social media, developing your ‘brand’, keeping mentally, physically and financially fit.
Cost of workshop: £40
Total cost if you book whole week: £400 (discount of £60)
Biogs of tutors:
- Matthew Evans: Highly experienced director. Credits include: Casualty, Waterloo Road, Robin Hood, William & Mary, and many more
- Laurence Moody: Currently director on Coronation Street, other credits include Waterloo Road, The Bill, Casualty, and many more
- Dan Hubbard: Part of Hubbard Casting, cast the Bourne Films, Burke & Hare, The Damned United, currently casting on feature film adaptation of The Rivals and the feature Last Passenger
- Jane Deitch: Now a freelance CD, used to be Head of Casting at the BBC.
- Lyn Burgess: Lyn Burgess is the no.1 personal and business coach in the entertainment industry, and a previous board member and Vice Chair of Women in Film & TV
Dates: Tuesday 30 August – Saturday 3 September 2011
Times: 10.00am – 5.30pm each day (except for Friday 2 Sept when you film your showreel scene)
Venue: The workshop days will be held at Spotlight Casting Rooms, and the showreel scenes will be filmed on location.
To apply: Please email your CV or a link to your spotlight page to firstname.lastname@example.org with an email explaining briefly why you’d like to do this course